Log in

fpv & xr owners club of victoria

Live It, Show It, Race It

Log in

Permit Plates

The Club Permit scheme allows members of car clubs that are recognised by VicRoads, including the FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria to make limited use of historic vehicles on the road network. Vehicles must be at least 25 years old to participate in the scheme.

Before you start: Visit the VicRoads website for information regarding the club permit. HERE

Step 1: Ensure you are a financial member of the club. Your expiry date is on your membership card and it is due either July or December each year.

Step 3: Complete the Request for Permit plates form and submit to the Permit plate team for assessment.

Step 4: Once your request has been accepted in writing, ensure you have the correct certificate completed. For the majority of members, this will be a roadworthy certificate (RWC). If your vehicle is modified then a Vehicle Assessment Signatory Scheme (VASS). Unsure? Your mechanic can assist, but if your car is standard, then a RWC would apply. If the mechanic providing this states you need a VASS, it is because your car is modified outside what is permitted in the Vic Roads Vehicle Standards and do not comply for an historic plate(H) and instead would require a Modified plate (M)

Step 5: Complete these forms

  • Club Permit Application:  HERE
  • Vehicle Eligibility Declaration Form - HERE

Step 6: Come to a club meeting with your RWC or VASS and completed forms. You need to plan this- remember your RWC is valid for only 30 days AND the club permit application must be signed and dated and received within 30 days of the declaration date on the Vehicle Eligibility and Standards Declaration for Club Permit Vehicles form. You will be asked to also sign the club Terms and Conditions for Permit vehicles

Step 7: Take your RWC and Club Issued Documents to a VicRoads office to complete your Club Permit Application. ** NOTE they do not need the car to be present- just you with the correct paperwork. Pay the fees and you will be given plates over the counter to use, along with a logbook and sticker(s)Documents that you need to submit with your application

·       Your evidence of Identity for the club permit holder (previous rego renewal is fine)

·       Original completed Club Permit Application form

·       Original completed Vehicle Eligibility and Standards Declaration for Club Permit Vehicles form

·       An original Certificate of Roadworthiness or VASS Certificate if the vehicle requires an engineers report

Note: All documents must be original, certified copies or fax are not accepted.

Step 6: You MUST Advise the club of your new Club Permit registration number and expiry date.

For more information, please contact email –  

Please note that the club permit pre-approval and inspection process takes time and won’t be rushed just because you have two days left of your regular registration. Plan ahead!

PO Box 6070    Croydon North              Vic   3136

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software